June 13, 2016
14 Simple Truths About Success
- Life has already begun. This is not a test. You can’t push pause on life. Your every decision matters.
- Studying does not end after college. Knowledge is crucial. If you are not willing to be left behind, keep studying.
- Weaknesses don’t matter. Accept weaknesses. Everyone has them. The only things that matter are your strengths. Improve them.
- Everything worth doing takes time. Do not expect to reach your goals quickly. It will likely take longer than you imagine.
- All the opportunities for growth are beyond your comfort zone. Comfort is often the same as complacency. Find your discomfort zone. Enter it.
- Luck comes to those who work hard. Good things do not come to those who wait. Persistence and hard work are the only prerequisites for luck.
- You cannot be everywhere and have everything. Define your goals. Learn to make the right choices and commit to the things that matter most.
- Experience and emotions are your best investments. The traditional measures of success — fancy cars and houses — are no longer relevant. Emotions, memories, experience, knowledge. These are the things that matter.
- Later often means never. Do not postpone anything. Life doesn’t wait.
- Success equals perseverance. Do not give up. Stay dedicated to your dreams. Chasing them is difficult, but it’s worth the effort.
- Failures don’t matter. Only wins count. So, don’t be afraid to fail.
- The world is full of injustice. Life isn’t fair. You’ll encounter plenty of unjust things. Be adaptable.
- You’re in charge of your life. Nobody will help you. Be your own advocate. You are the sole driver of your career and your success.
- There is no perfect moment to start. If you want to start doing something, act now. Do not wait for a better moment. It will never come.